14 November 2017
Niki’s Spiced Apple Cake
Fancy a seriously simple yet delicious sweet treat? Look no further than my autumnal spiced apple cake! Designed and created by Niki Beh recipe developer. This cake is so straightforward yet the flavours are so sweet and aromatic along with the soft texture of the apples, both cooked in the cake and raw and crunchy on top. I like to serve my apple cake with a generous dollop of coconut yogurt for extra decadence! (As with all Niki's recipes it's gluten free) All you need is:
Niki Bakes Spiced Apple Cake Recipe
- 140g of coconut butter
- 120g of coconut sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 200g of almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 100ml of almond milk
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 grated apples
For the topping:
2 cinnamon quills, broken up (for decoration)
Up to three tablespoons of coconut yoghurt
An extra apple, for decoration (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line a brownie baking dish with greaseproof paper and set aside,
2. Beat the coconut butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and creamy. Beat in eggs until well combined. Add your grated apples and mix again.
3. Sift together the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients to the coconut butter mixture, then beat in half of the almond milk. Add the remaining almond flour mixture and the remaining milk and beat until well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until well risen and lightly firm to the touch. Remove the cake from the tin and set aside to cool on a cooling rack.
5. Decorate your spiced apple cake with you coconut yoghurt and a couple slices of your fresh apple and broken up cinnamon quills, effortlessly beautiful!