What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that websites save to your computer when you visit and navigate through their websites. They are widely and commonly used to make websites function properly and more efficiently, as well as to provide different types of information to the website owners.
Steenbergs is not a heavy user of cookies, but we do use them in certain ways to enable our site to operate and provide you with a functional experience when shopping via our website. For example:
- to enhance the security of the web site;
- to anonymously measure website usage and performance;
- to improve your experience, for example remembering your settings so you do not need to continue to input them;
- to provide content or services from other companies, e.g. to allow you to share pages with social networks.
You may read more about the types of cookies used on our website and how you can manage your cookies.
Functional cookies support the use of the site and enable enhanced and personalised features. Some of these cookies are necessary to enable you to move around the website without encountering problems and to use certain functionality.
Functional cookies will:
- save products purchased during a shopping session so they appear together in your shopping cart;
- remember shopping selections that you make from page to page;
- store information that supports network communication.
Functional cookies will not:
- save any personal information;
- gather information that could be used for marketing purposes.
These cookies enable us to keep track of the products that you have added to your Shopping Cart, as you move from page to page so that you do not have to enter the same information more than once and so that the Shopping Cart can link multiple purchases to the same purchase order. This helps you to move more quickly and easily through the website.
Web Analytics’ Cookies
These cookies from Google Analytics are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to assess how our website is performing and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited without collecting any personal information. For more information, you should read an overview of privacy at Google and at Google Analytics.
Targeting cookies will:
- save non-personal information, including the type of web browser that you used, the date and time of your visit and which pages you viewed.
Targeting cookies will not:
- save any personal information, e.g. your email address;
- cause you to receive any additional advertisements or emails.
This cookie is related to Facebook functionality. If you have previously received a cookie from Facebook because you either have an account or have visited Facebook, your browser sends Facebook information about this cookie when you visit a site with the “Like” button or another social plugin. Facebook uses this cookie information to help show you a personalised experience on their site and to help maintain and improve their service. For more information, you should read an overview of privacy at Facebook and Facebook's cookies' policies.
If you are interested in how to manage and control cookies through you web browser, please refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. You can always remove clear your cookies after visiting our site through following the procedures at the aforementioned web site, or setting your browser internet options to “Delete Browsing History On Exit”.