- Dice the red onion, white onion, orange pepper and chilli.
- Sweat together in a hot pan for a few minutes.
- Add in all the Steenbergs Spices, herbs and flavoured sugar. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chopped tomotoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the simmer and allow to reduce until rich and thickened.
- Stir in the frozen peas at the last minute just to warm through.
- While the sauce is reducing, peel the potatoes, cut into quarters and bring to the boil in a pan of salted water.
- When cooked, drain and return to the dry pan, add salt, pepper and the butter and mash until smooth.
- Place a frying pan on the heat.
- Cut the fish fillet into portions, oil lightly and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the fish skin down for 2 minutes, turn and finish cooking for a further minute or so.
TIP: Add a little butter to the pan toward the end of the cooking time to get a lovely golden colour on the fish.
- Spoon out the sauce into a large bowl, place the mash in the middle of the bowl and sit the fish fillet on the mash.
- Garnish with a little chopped chilli, spring onion and a few flakes of Steenbergs Fleur de Sel