- Gently heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan
- Fry the chopped onions and garlic for 5 minutes until soft
- Add chilli sauce blend, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, 235ml water or stock and peppers.
- Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and then turn down to allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, rice or couscous, or add browned meat and kidney beans to turn into a delicious chilli.
Suggestions: Swap the peppers for courgettes and aubergines or other seasonal vegetables; add the sauce to pasta and bake in the oven covered with breadcrumbs and grated cheese