17 November 2015
Delicious porridge recipe from Jo Hodson
"I love ginger, it's one of my favourite flavours and here it complements the apricots perfectly in this easy breakfast oat bake. You can use canned of fresh apricots to make it an all year round winner, or why not substitute pears or apple to change things up a little. This oat bake is perfect serve hot or cold and will keep well in the fridge for a couple of days. Or you could add a little extra sweetener and serve with yoghurt or ice cream for a delicious dessert!
"This recipe is one of 58 of my favourite porridge recipes and toppings in my new book 'Not Just For Goldilocks’, to help you feel warm, comforted and totally nourished during Winter and far beyond! Perfect for those looking for a whole host of inspiring 'free from’ options as all recipes are vegan, wheat free and sugar-free too!
"Goldilocks... eat your heart out!
"I have a special discount available for you until the end of December 2015. Enter GOLDILOCKS20 at the checkout to receive 20% off the full book price."
This recipe serves 2
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbs ground flax
- Good pinch of salt
- 2 tsp coconut sugar sprinkled on top
- 2 tbs finely chopped crystallised ginger
- 1 tin apricots- part chopped and part sliced (or substitute for 3-4 fresh sliced apricots or fresh or canned pear)
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 tsp ground ginger (use more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl, mixing the chopped fruit through and arranging the sliced fruit on top of the mixture once spooned into the pie dish.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top as desired.
- Use a medium pie dish- approx 20cm diameter (the mixture should be approx 2cm deep). Bake at 180C for approx 30 mins until the top is golden and fruit lightly browned at the edges.