01 June 2022
Meet the Team: Lucy
Meet the team - Lucy the accountant - one of the longest serving members of staff, Lucy shares her favourite spice blend and the tea that she can't do without in the mornings.
One of the longest serving members of staff, Lucy shares her favourite spice blend and the tea that she can't do without in the mornings. Here she is hiding behind her a mug of Green Tea with Lemon verbena and Ginger - a favourite of hers, picked up in a lovely shop when she lived in Edinburgh.
Job at Steenbergs: Accountant
1. How long have you worked for Steenbergs? 18 years
2. Favourite Steenbergs product and why? I like the Steenbergs Southern Fried Seasoning on chicken as it is very easy to make and it goes down very well with all my family. I also can’t do without the Steenbergs English Breakfast tea which I have every morning. And also the green tea with lemon verbena and ginger for a more refreshing drink.
3. Any top tips for cooking or storing spices Add a little nutmeg powder to Bolognese to give it a more authentic ragu taste. Especially the Steenbergs version which has a very mild flavour.
4. Which famous person (past or present) would you like to have supper with? Queen Elizabeth 1, Michael Macintyre, George Michael and Nadia Hussain
5. What would be your desert island meal/favourite meal? My husbands Chicken Korma made with Steenbergs Korma Spice followed by my daughters raspberry filled white chocolate profiteroles.
6. Most surprising thing you’ve learnt at Steenbergs? That a lot of cinnamon sold in the supermarkets is actually cassia.
7. Thing you most do for the environment? Try in the evenings to only have two lights on in the house and try to limit unnecessary car journeys.