13 January 2021
5 Easy Vegan Dishes for Veganuary
With over 542,000 vegans in the UK, according to new data commissioned by The Vegan Society, and numbers rising all the time, veganism is the UK’s fastest growing lifestyle choice. It’s not only a UK trend either, with over 1,000,000 people participating in Veganuary since 2014 from 192 countries around the world and interest in ‘veganism’ on Google trends having increased seven-fold in the past 5 years.
With that said, it can still be difficult to know where to start when cooking for the family, so we’ve highlighted our top 5 easy vegan recipes for you to try out this month.
- Vegan Mushroom Kedgeree by The Vegan Larder – one of our new recipes, this wholesome one-pot meal features smoky mushrooms and fishy flavours but is completely vegan.
- 3-Ingredient Onion Bhajis by Sabrina Ghayour – delicious, quick, easy and only 3 ingredients – what more could you want!
- Malaysian Butternut Squash & Cauliflower Curry – a creamy coconutty vegetable curry using the Steenbergs Malay Masala blend.
- Spicy Bean Kebabs with Sweetcorn Mayo by Gourmet Glow – a great recipe for summer BBQs but easy to recreate on the griddle pan at home, this dish is packed full of lovely healthy spices.
- Cinnamon Pancakes with dark chocolate sauce by Nikibakes – using almond milk and a little apple cider vinegar instead of dairy milk, these vegan pancakes can easily be made gluten free too.
Did you know that all of our baking extracts are registered with the Vegan Society and all of our spices, blends and teas are suitable for vegans? Spices are a great way to liven up your dishes and are packed with extra health benefits too.
Do let us know how you get on!